Sunday, February 15, 2009

"Sweet" Seattle, a Valentine's Special Trip!

For Valentine's Day this year we went to downtown Seattle. When I go to Seattle there are a few things that I like to do. It's not the Space Needle either. These are those things...



See Saydee smile of course!







Have Saydee be attacked by a Bear...okay not really.








We had to buy me some flowers at Pike Place market.



Look at the yummy treats, and eat some too.


This is Pike Place Market...you know with the flying fish.


We like to look at the mummy Sylvester. GROSS!



Sometimes we run into old friends. I didn't know that Dwight was a UW fan!












I love to eat fisn n' chips at Ivar's! This is my most favorite food in the world.


We love to feed the seagulls our french fries...we are such dainty eaters you know. SIKE!








We love to watch the seagulls eat Daddy's french fries.


Here are the famous fish n' chips. Of course you have to dip them in malt vinegar and tartar sauce.

11 comments:

em said...

so cute shelby! we miss you guys!!!

Karalee said...

Sounds soooo fun! I've always dreamed of living in Seattle, is that weird? I love the rain...does it rain a lot! Anyways, hope life is going well!

Brett Em & Berkley said...

ok so I left a message and then it said duplication error and to press back to see message--anyway sorry if you get 2 from me. this post makes me want to go seattle so bad even if its rainy. And also I heard Lindsey and my sister will be sister in laws- so we'll be kind of related...right?? tell her congrats and have fun helping with the wedding plans!

Adam, Sarah, Kevin, Aaron and Baby 3 said...

Hey, we went there this summer tooo! I love that place, we actually went twice. Ivars was the best too!!

Jessica Stoker said...

OMG I am so jealous! It looks like you all had a great time. When we come (hopefully in June) we all have to go to Seattle. Saydee is so cute, and so are you mommy.

Alicia said...

It was so fun to look at all those pictures! I've been to all those places and they're so much fun! Gotta love Seattle!

Courtright Family said...

Those pics are so cute! I love the one of all three of you. What a darling little family. I feel pretty cool now that I've seen almost all those places you mentioned... we were downtown last summer with Boyd & Kathryn. I'm sorry Shelb but malt vinegar and tartar sauce sounds disgusting. =)

Webster family said...

That makes me want to go visit Seattle again. I had the BEST apples from pike's market when I was there. Now I'm craving them.

jor said...

This post makes me really home sick! Some of those are my favorite spots too...my boys would love those creepy mummy and shrunken heads at that weird store. I'm glad you had a fun day and Ted was able to go too! You all look great!

Teri said...

What a cute family you guys have. Saydee is such a cutie pie.

Dan and Julie Mertlich said...

I love and miss Sylvester, is Sylvia still there? Ye old curiosity shoppe is my FAVORITE place in Seattle, love the fish n chips also.
Love, Aunt Julie