Sunday, May 3, 2009

Ulcerative Colitis,a New Job, Easter, a Wedding, and Saydee Walks!

A Wedding:
My sister Lindsey, or "Lindz a Pinz" as I like to call her is now Lindsey Lee Landoe. She was married to David last weekend. They are super happy together. They were married in the Seattle Temple on a beautiful day. It was a super pretty reception and a lot of fun. These are just some random pictures from everything.






Easter:
This Easter was super fun because my mom was the Easter Bunny. Saydee loved the Easter Bunny because she talked like Grandma. This was the Easter Egg Hunt at our apartment complex.

A New Job:

A recently got a new job working for the apartment complex where we live. We were paying $800 per month for rent and now it is free because of my job. I only work 6 hours per week and I can bring Saydee. I also plan monthly community parties, which is super fun. I also do a weekly activity called Kid's Club where school aged kids come and do crafts and games with me. I am really liking it and it is a HUGE blessing.

Saydee is Walking:

Saydee has been cruising long before she could crawl. She is now walking freely although she still crawls a lot. She is a little crazy though. Saydee likes to walk along walls and toys and then just take off running. A lot of time she crashes or falls. She is learning that walking slower is actually safer. She will be 11 months in a couple weeks.

Ulcerative Colitis:

I was recently diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis. I had a colonoscopy earlier this month and they found trouble. Thankfully I am on medication that is helping a lot. I was so miserable for a few weeks before the medication started to really help. I will spare you the details. You can google it if you want. It isn't pretty. The bummer is that it is a chronic disease and I will be taking medication my entire life. I am feeling much better and I will be just fine. :)

15 comments:

Jennifer Harris said...

Aw, Shelby...booey woo. I am glad you are feeling better. I am so sorry. I don't know much about Ulcerative Colitis, but I do know that mouth and stomach ulcers suck. So, I can't imagine that colon ulcers are a walk in the park.

On a more positive note, congratulations on the job. That sounds like a pretty ideal situation. You even get to do some teaching, which I know you love. Saydee is still as cute as over, as are you. You can tell Lindsay that I thought she looked beautiful on her wedding day!

Super Angie said...

Gorgeous wedding pictures!!!! Wow. You, Saydee, your sister, everything looked amazing!

Congrats on the job. That sounds perfect!!!

Kelly and Nate said...

That job sounds perfect! And fun. Congratulations.
Can't believe Saydee is walking already! Dallin barely learned to crawl at 10 months.
No fun about the ulcerative colitis! Glad there is medication though.

Kelly and Nate said...

I just googled ulcerative colitis. You poor thing!

Jonathan and Sarah said...

man the job sounds perfect!! free rent is worth just about anything, but being able to have fun to get free rent-- that is just plain amazing!!
Glad you are feeling better, im sure it wasn't fun though!

Wes Harris said...

• Way to go Lindsay!
• I'm sorry about that stuff Shelby, I'm glad you are feeling better
• Your Mom is rockin' that bunny suit. Thats got to make for an awesome Easter.
• $33.33 tax free dollars per hour with Saydee nearby, I'd say that's pretty great.

Jessica Stoker said...

I'm so glad to see an update on your fam. Tell Linds I say CONGRATS! she looked beautiful. Saydee is so big I am bummed we haven't met in person yet. Get ready for the bruises, with all that walking/falling, haha. Sorry to hear about your condition, but I am glad you are feeling much better. The job sounds like a great opportunity for you because it is money (which is always good) but also because you still get to interact with the kiddos. Love you.

two forks said...

you looked great at your sister's wedding! and congratulations on your job! that is fantastic! and lastly i'm sorry about your health. you guys are in our prayers.

em said...

yay for saydee! what a fast littler learner:-) sorry to hear you have ulcerative colitis! no fun!

Alicia said...

That's so fun Saydee is walking! Sydney's working on it right now and I'm sure she'll be doing it well by the time she's 12 months old. That job sounds awesome too. You're right. What a blessing to not have to pay that rent anymore! cool. I'm sorry about the Ulcerative Colitis! I hope the meds will always make you feel normal?

Janel said...

First off I love the picture of you at the wedding...so pretty. Second, I am so jealous of your job. It sounds like job and truly a blessing. Third, Saydee is an early walker. Lastly I am going to look up what you have. I am glad you are feeling better. Love ya!

Carissa said...

Wow! What a fun job! You would be perfect for it too! Sorry to hear about your health situation. That's gotta be tough.

Kellen and Erin Hansen said...

Yay for ulcerative colitis! I'm so glad for you that the medication is working. That must have been a rough week finding out you have ulcerative colitis, taking care of your friends, etc.!;) I was going to call you a couple weeks ago and then realized that your phone number is in Kellen's phone! So, thank you again Shelby for everything while we were up there. We really enjoyed hanging out with you guys.

Dan and Julie Mertlich said...

OH Shelb, I'm so glad you posted some of the pictures of the reception and at the temple, I missed being there!! It was a beautiful day not to surpass the beautiful bride, isn't she gorgeous? I love the Easter bunny, my kids miss her, she got a new head, I love it. I love you guys, love, Aunt Julie

Kourt and Megan said...

Your job seriously sounds perfect for you! I understand completely the free rent thing. Its so nice! Except I have to work a whole lot more than you do...no fair! I also know exactly what your Ulcerative Colitis consists of..no fun! Saydee is super cute and the wedding looked lovely. So Kourt's brother comes home June 9th. Kourt and I are debating on coming up to Seattle the weekend before. I'll give ya a call to see if you'll be around!